Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Investing in Unit Trust

I think that almost everyone knows the existence of Unit Trusts and people have been invested for many years.

Almost every banks and financial institutions offer varieties of Unit Trust which include Islamic, Conventional, Bonds, Equity and so on.

The concern everyone would have now is which Unit Trust is the best and give the maximum return.

I cannot answer that since different unit trust carry different risk and return. The basic that we learn is that the higher the return is the higher the risk it relates to.

I am not unit trust agent. But i did invest from time to time. You do not need an agent to invest it for you but somehow, I use an agent since I do not want to trouble myself.

I have been investing for 1 year now (yes I am still new to it), but one thing for sure, you cannot expect that you will earn profit in the next 6 months. 

Since I invest regularly (every 3 months), I need some tools that can help me track my investment movement. My husband invested as well so do my kids. To track it manually by myself is pretty ridiculous.

So I use Signal Invest to help me monitor. One thing about this tool is when you reinvest your distribution, the profit and loss is included in their calculation. For me, the distribution is already a profit from the investment that we made. So, in order for me to closely see whether I am making profit or loss from the investment, I minus out the distribution from the amount invested. Meaning that I only included the cash outflow I make.

Not so sure whether you understand the concept of it. But yo can try since it has free trial for 14 days. The annual fee is only RM99.

No comments:

Post a Comment