Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

My Delivery Story

Hello..

It has been a pretty hectic week. By the way, just to cut it short, I just want to tell you the journey of my 3rd delivery.

I reached the hospital at 9.00am and directly go to the admission counter. It took me around 15 minutes to get everything settled. Since husband is having urgent meeting in the morning, my dad accompanied me to the hospital. 

Go to the labor room and get everything checked by 10.00am. However, the Doctor had some urgent thing at her clinic and only reached the labor room at 11.30am. I was 3 cm dilated and she induces me. Husband reaches hospital around 12.00pm

It took me around hours to be 10cm dilated. Since he baby head is quite big, at 6-7cm I have already feel like pushing. However, the nurse has warned me not to do so since the head is still far ahead. So she insists me of taking the laughing gas to avoid pushing to early.

The pain is so terrible that i can still fill it till now. I think this is the worst delivery experience so far maybe because the baby is big.

Taking the laughing gas is not the best option because you would feel very sleepy. I found myself asleep quite a couple of times. So to avoid falling asleep while pushing, I asked my husband to wash my face with water so that by the time the doctor let me push, I am alert and fresh.

For your information, I only take light breakfast at 8.00am and until delivered I did not have taken anything. So right after delivered I have already got the feeling of nausea.

I was quite surprise the baby weighted 4.25 kg which is out of my expectation. 3 days before, during scanning, the doctor expected the baby to be 3.6kg only. Now he is 4.25kg and no wonder it hurt so much!

The baby seems to be behaving well. It just that, maybe he did not get enough milk since he is quite big he demand a lot if milk as well and for the first 2-3 days I cannot produce enough milk for him. He looks quite yellowish in the eyes. Hopefully, it will get better very soon because tomorrow we will be having appointment with his Pediatrician and I don’t want him to be admitted for jaundice.

Welcoming Muhammad Aydin Bin Md Kamil.


 

4 comments:

  1. normal? mcm berat Shakeel mase lahir.. OMG..huuhuu salute la..

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats azima!! ngeri baca your story on your delivery.. besar tu baby.. alhamdulillah semuanye selamat..

    ReplyDelete